You’re busy! You’re trying to eat well but you’ve run out of ideas for fast, easy, healthy snacks that fit your “on the go” lifestyle.
You don’t have to eat junk food just because you’re in a hurry. Having your own tasty snacks with you while you’re out (or ready-made at home) will help you avoid temptations for the not-so-healthy options when you get hungry.
Here are 8 tasty, easy to make snack ideas (including recipes) so you can climb out of that boring rut and feel good about sticking to your healthy eating plan all day.
8 healthy snack ideas!
- 1 Apple & 1 Oz light cheese
- 156 Cals, 8g protein, 23g carb, 5g fat
- 2 large celery stalks with 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 120 Cals, 4g protein, 7g carb, 8g fat
- 2 medium carrots, 1 large celery stalk + 2 Tbsps. Homemade hummus (see recipe below)
- 114 Cals, 2g protein, 20g carb, 3g fat
- 3 (6 halves) Homemade hummus stuffed deviled eggs (see recipe below)
- 105 Cals, 12g protein, 7g carb, 3g fat
- 1 ½ C Berry blast super shake (see recipe below)
- 190 Cals, 20g protein, 22g carb, 3g fat
- 2/3 C plain Greek yogurt with ½ C blueberries + 8 raw almonds
- 198 Cals, 18g protein, 20g carb, 5g fat
- “Quest” or “B-up” protein bar
- 190 Cals, 21g protein, 18g carb, 2g fat
- 2 Oz Turkey Jerky
- 160 Cals, 26g protein, 8g carb, 1g fat
- 2 (15.5 Oz) cans of no-salt-added chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Tahini (Sesame seed paste)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Place beans and garlic in blender and pulse until chopped; Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Homemade Hummus Stuffed Deviled Eggs:
- 3 Hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp. homemade hummus (see above)
Cut hardboiled eggs in half lengthwise; Remove and discard yolks; Fill with hummus.
Berry Blast Super-shake:
- 12 Oz. water, iced green tea or skim milk
- 2 Scoops vanilla flavored protein powder
- 1 C of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 C of spinach
- 8 Walnuts
- 1/4 C plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Blend all ingredients until creamy